Exclusive offer for Shell Energy customers: Save an extra £30 off your home charge point.* Not yet a customer? Explore our tariffs*Installations at domestic locations in the UK. Switching energy suppliers during your cool-off period will annul the promotion.
Smart home charging
Our smart home charge points are capable of charging up to 22kW* and are available in over 200 colours. Please get in touch for a quote and we'll be happy to help.
Our charge points are compatible with all fully electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) manufacturers*. See all brands.
Audi BMW Ford Jaguar Kia Land Rover Mazda Mercedes-Benz Mitsubishi Nissan Peugeot Polestar Porsche Renault Tesla Vauxhall Volkswagen Volvo
Charge up to 10x faster than a 3-pin plug.*
Remotely control your charge point via our web app.
Track your charge history, energy usage, and cost.
Fits all homes & EVs
Available with a universal socket or fixed cable.
Control who can access your charge point online.**
3 year warranty
All our charge points come with a 3 year warranty as standard.
*To benefit from up to 22kW charging speeds, a three-phase household electrical supply is required. The majority of UK homes have a single-phase electricity supply and will be able to charge up to 7.4kW speed.
**Available on Home Advanced charge points
Smart home chargers
Includes standard installation*
|Max. charge speed
Our smart home chargers are capable of charging up to 7.4kW with a single-phase electrical supply, and up to 22kW on a three-phase electrical supply.
|3 year warranty|
|Internet connectivity via Ethernet|
|Internet connectivity via GPRS SIM
A SIM card replaces the need to run an internet cable to your router
|Smart features||Plus subscription
|Start/stop a charge session remotely|
|View previous charge sessions|
|24/7 phone support and remote monitoring|
|Automatic firmware updates|
|Secure charging with RFID card and app
You decide who has access to your charge point
* Prices include VAT, £350 OZEV grant, and standard single-phase installation.
** All our home charge points come with a subscription that enables the use of smart features.
Home charge point installation process
Request a quote
To receive a charge point and installation quote, please get in touch. Our site surveys are conducted online for ease and convenience.
Confirm desired setup
Our friendly and experienced home charger experts will discuss your desired setup and provide a quote. They will also schedule an installation date and time that is convenient for you.
Standard installation typically takes about half a day. Your charge point will be mounted and connected to your mains power supply ready for use. Our installation expert will connect your charge point to your account and give a full demonstration on how to use it before setting off again.
Do I qualify for the grant?
I have ordered, own or lease (minimum 6 month term) a plug-in electric vehicle
I am the registered keeper or nominated primary user of the vehicle
I have private off-street parking and cables will not need to cross a public footpath
This is the first charge point to be claimed at this address, or:
A second charge point can be claimed if an individual can keepership of two eligible electric vehicles
For residents in Scotland, the Energy Saving Trust will provide up to £250 further funding on top of OZEV, with and additional £100 available for those in the most remote parts of Scotland.
Shell Recharge app
Choose a home energy tariff designed for EV drivers
• Get 2,000 miles of free charging*
• Powered by 100% renewable electricity
*Customers will receive a credit of £6.67 applied to their Shell Energy electricity account each month for 12 months, up to a maximum total credit of £80. This is equivalent to 2,000 miles of charge based on the typical average cost of 4p per mile for an electric car. Actual cost per mile will vary by car and driving style.
Frequently asked questions
Which vehicle manufacturers are compatible with our home chargers?
Our charge points are compatible with all electric and plug-in hybrid vehicle manufacturers including:
- Land Rover
What is the OZEV grant and how can I claim it?
The OZEV Grant offers a £350 discount off the purchase & installation cost of a home charger. The grant is available for most electric and plug-in hybrids vehicles.
To qualify for the OZEV grant for your home charger, the following need to true:
- I have ordered, own or lease a plug-in electric vehicle
- I have purchased my vehicle after October 1st, 2016
- I am the registered keeper or nominated primary user of the vehicle
- I have private off-street parking and cables will not need to cross a public footpath
- This is the first charge point to be claimed at this address or;
- A second charger can be claimed if an individual can evidence keepership of two eligible electric vehicles
To claim the OZEV grant, all you have to do is answer a few questions and provide copies of documents such as your V5 when ordering your home charger with us. We will do the rest and claim the grant on your behalf.
Visit the OZEV website for more information: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-for-low-emission-vehicles
What is included in standard installation and what happens if I require non-standard installation?
Standard installation is included in the price of a home charger. Homes will either need 1-phase or 3-phase installation depending on the home electricity supply. The following are considered as part of standard installation for 1-phase and 3-phase installation:
- Labour and travel
- Placement and mounting of the charge point on a wall
- Max. 10 meters of external cabling (for each power cable + UTP, run together) from the charge point to the cable entry point of your home
- Max. 5 meters of internal cabling (for each power cable + UTP, run together) from the cable entry point of your home to your consumer unit (fuse box)
- Max. 5 meters of UTP cabling from the consumer unit (fuse box) to your router (Home Standard / Home Fast package only)
- Modifications of fuse box to provide the charge point with power (incl. all required materials like an MCB, an RCD and distribution unit.)
- Works needed to be done from the consumer unit (fuse box) to the location of the charge point (i.e. all wall drillings and cables clipped to the walls)
- The installation of an earthing rod
- Measuring and registering 2G dBm-signal strength prior to installation to ensure the charge point will be connected to the NewMotion back-office (Home Advanced only)
- Informing the network operator of the operation of the charge point (if required)
- Commissioning, testing of the charge point and proper handover
Non-standard installation applies when additional internal or external cabling is required, and/or when cables need to be installed underground. The cost for non-standard installation will be determined based on your home situation and requirements. When ordering your charger with us, we will get in touch with you to discuss your circumstances and provide a quote if non-standard installation applies.